The Quell Group is a strategic branding firm that uses storytelling and integrated communications technology to activate brand strategies and drive engagement for our clients’ products, technologies and services. The firm seeks an experienced public relations professional to ideate, develop and implement innovative, integrated public relations and media strategies. You’ll create engaging content, take our client stories and news to market through multiple media channels, and build relationships with media outlets to help grow our clients’ audience and reach.
What you can expect in your role as a Senior Public Relations Lead
You will bring your deep understanding and practical experience in public relations and media relations to bear on the branding and marketing programs of the clients of The Quell Group. You’ll deliver a mix of strategic thinking and hands-on execution, as well as a strong understanding of each client’s business and target audiences. Your management skills and abilities enable you to work well in our rapidly changing and dynamic environment – whether in a team or individual setting. The ability to self-edit, proofread and ensure the quality of communications is paramount.
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Ideating and executing comprehensive public relations programs – from media relations to issues management to marketing communications – for multiple clients
- Proposing, writing and editing content for press releases, feature articles, media materials, case studies, websites and blogs
- Driving media opportunities, article placements and interviews with top-tier as well as niche trade publications across a multitude of industries, including health care, professional services, automotive and tech
- Enhancing and maintaining relationships with key media, bloggers and influencers to garner media coverage
- Counseling client executives/spokespersons to represent their companies through traditional and digital media channels
- Providing media training and interview preparation
- Supporting crisis counseling and communications
- Engaging in strategic planning sessions with a point of view
- Collaborating on proactive account planning and growth
- Supporting business development through assistance with pitch presentations
To be considered for this role, please have the following in regard to:
- Experience: Seven years of relevant experience in public relations at an agency or corporate communications department with demonstrated results. Previous experience representing clients in diverse B2B and professional services industries preferred.
- Education: BA, preferably in public relations or journalism. APR is helpful.
- An eye for “news” and practical working knowledge of print, online and broadcast media.
- Strong writing skills across disciplines – press releases, articles, columns, presentations, speeches, etc.
- Advanced experience in planning, presenting and implementing media relations programs
- Strong knowledge of media databases, monitoring, reporting and analytics tools
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines and proactively lead clients
- Ability to provide counsel and communications related to business issues and crises
- Aptitude for staying abreast of current affairs and relating to client business
- Excellent communicator (written and verbal) who understands how to frame a clear, concise and compelling message
- Strong editing and copy-proofing skills
- Ability to quickly grasp concepts and distill news
- Experience with new business development preferred
- Characteristics: At Quell, collaboration is crucial to our success and requires a forward-thinking team player with a positive attitude. At the same time, this position comes with a great deal of autonomy and requires someone proactive who can prioritize and manage their own workload.
How to apply
Please submit your resume, references, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Resumes that do not fulfill the criteria listed above will not be considered. No calls, please.