The Quell Group, a high-level branding and marketing communications consulting firm serving the strategic needs of a diverse client base, is seeking an experienced graphic designer who can help deliver graphic solutions for a wide range of accounts. The successful candidate will be able to execute designs from conception to production ready materials.
As a graphic designer at Quell, you will do more than just design. Your technical and design skills will create impactful graphic solutions on a variety of projects ranging from brand development and corporate identity to print and digital advertising, websites, e-blasts, animations, social media banners and posts, trade show exhibits, signage, product packaging, etc. This position often juggles multiple projects simultaneously, so strong attention to detail and adherence to brand guidelines is a must.
Quell will provide the opportunity to use your talents in a highly innovative, strategic, and entrepreneurial environment. Our brand philosophy, Unknot. Align. Market.®, developing solutions, executing creatively, and delivering outstanding client service to B2B and B2C companies.
RESPONSIBILITIES and DUTIES
- Work with Creative Director to ideate, create and execute various materials for print, packaging, advertising, digital, and web collateral.
- Create and manipulate graphics through Adobe Creative Suite apps (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, etc.)
- Collaborate with design and account teams to define design goals
- Understand brand graphics
- Format graphics and collect, process, and proof various graphic files
- Perform retouching and manipulation of images
- Review assets prior to production for accuracy
- Produce clean and accurate final art files
- Archive produced images and graphics
- Understand and work to project specifications
- Manage prepress process for print files
- Work with vendors to review proofs for accuracy before final production
- Follow a product workflow and timeline to ensure projects progress on deadline
- Keep up to date with trends in graphic design techniques and software
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic arts, design, communications, or related field
- Minimum of 3-5 years of proven experience as a graphic designer
- Compelling portfolio of work over a wide range of creative projects
- Knowledge of layout fundamentals: grid systems, typography, and image use for print and digital
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, InDesign, and other graphic design software
- Knowledge Microsoft applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Experience with marketing automation and social media platforms required
- Familiarity with UX design, WordPress, HTML, Joomla, or other relevant design platforms a plus
- Strong analytical skills
- Excellent eye for detail
- Illustration/animation experience a plus
- Thorough understanding of final file production/troubleshooting for print and digital
- Solid knowledge of the printing process and preflighting tools (e.g., Adobe InDesign and QuarkXPress)
- Ability to manage time, project costs, and deadlines
- Solid understanding of design trends and industry best practices
- Self-starter who possesses imagination to make recommendations supported by strategic rationale
- Ability to interact, communicate and present ideas to team members and clients
- Familiarity with client service, agency systems, and procedures
- B2B experience (automotive, technology and/or product)
- Outgoing, energetic professional willing to go the extra mile
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your resume, references, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes that do not fulfill the requirements listed above will not be considered. No calls, please.
About This Company
The Quell Group — Who We Are
As a leading integrated brand communications firm, The Quell Group builds strong market positions and brands by integrating brand strategy with market communications and PR services. The firm applies proprietary diagnostic tools to help companies unknot, align and market their unique value. Quell also offers presentation and media training; web services; and event and design capabilities.
The Quell Group is known for its strategic, innovative and creative branding and marketing solutions.