Creating greater impact for your marketing messages with face-to-face interactions
Another popular brick-and-mortar closes multiple locations almost every other week it seems. With countless articles covering increased use of mobile devices, the ever-growing digital landscape and a number of e-commerce giants taking over the world, it’s no wonder marketers and PR practitioners are so focused on mastering communications techniques for the internet of things.
On the other hand, there’s still something to be said for face-to-face (F2F) interactions in today’s marketing space that can greatly impact how messages resonate with audiences. A study by UCLA reports 93% of communication effectiveness comes from nonverbal cues. Authenticity and trust are huge factors for building credible brands, and it’s more believable when company leaders offer interaction in person.
Your Statements Are Stronger in Person
It’s true. Video, webinars and online chat functions help bridge the gap a little bit, but some eye contact and a firm handshake can help solidify your messages in ways digital screens cannot. Sometimes, it’s more about making a personal connection and creating an experience for people to draw upon when they’re making decisions involving your brand later.
Let’s look at the evidence.
- Body language and facial expressions add nuance, which greatly impact how messages are perceived, received and remembered. Whether talking to an individual or a group of people, you can create memorable interactions, maintain attention and add urgency to your messages with movement, eye contact, touch, fluent speech and other factors for a lasting impression.
- Build trust through personal interaction to communicate seriousness and dependability in business relationships. Humanize your brand with in-person representatives to develop individual experiences that encourage audience engagement and establish creditability.
- Create visibility for your company to make deeper connections with existing and potential customers for a more meaningful experience. This provides opportunity to develop a memorable, personalized encounter that lays the foundation for building stronger brand loyalty over time.
- Address concerns and misunderstandings immediately in real time by interpreting audience expressions and feedback on the spot. Ensure key messages are communicated effectively and provide valuable information as audiences form ideas and opinions about your brand, product or service.
- Express gratitude more genuinely by taking the time and putting the effort to show and say thanks in person. Not only does this illustrate you’re willing to go above and beyond to show appreciation, it also creates community and encourages brand loyalty.
F2F Communications in Practice
Marketers and PR practitioners can help create these F2F moments for companies through various channels. Scheduling presentations or demos at trade shows, planning press conferences for important announcements, booking speaking engagements at industry events – these all provide opportunities for thought leaders, industry experts and business executives to speak with audiences in person.
Delivery is important. Prepare spokespeople ahead of time for all F2F opportunities with media training, key messages, speech scripts, anticipated Q&A, public speaking tips and most importantly, practice. Nervousness, poor preparation and misinformation are distracting and memorable for all the wrong reasons. A practiced delivery is important for making that positive impact, so audiences receive clear, intentional messaging.
Beyond external audiences, everyday communications practices with clients can help provide marketers with some of that increasingly elusive face time – even remotely. Create F2F moments using video conferencing software can elevate phone calls just by showing eye contact and full attention via screen.
Give Your Bottom Line That Personal Touch
F2F marketing unlocks all of the senses, allowing brand representatives to build rapport in a way that’s more meaningful and longer lasting after interactions end. Listen to feedback and read body language to help better shape a positive experience for audiences because the extra effort won’t go unnoticed, and you’ll likely see improvements in ROI. But how?
- Increased word of mouth. Create a ripple effect that all starts with that very first interaction. The more positive and memorable the experience, the more people you’ll reach in a favorable manner. Audiences want to share what moves them, so give them something worth talking about.
- Improved brand recall. The F2F interaction creates a unique memory for your brand in the minds of audience members. When it comes time to make a purchase decision, they’re more likely to remember that interaction favorably, helping your brand occupy mind space.
- Mobilized audiences. Build community on shared interest to encourage existing and potential customers to gather in one place. They’re opting-in to listen to your messaging, and they’re willing to travel to do it. It’s a win-win!
At the heart of F2F marketing is communication effectiveness. Your resources are precious, so why not get the most from your marketing efforts? The way important messages are delivered can greatly impact how they’re received, so consider reaching audiences in person every once in a while. As a result, you’ll boost brand authenticity and generate a greater impact for your bottom line.
Looking for a more tailored approach? Contact The Quell Group to build a stronger brand, create a clearer market position and communicate a more meaningful value to your customers.